sl9988

Possible to relocate condo toilet??

S L
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Does anyone know if its possible to relocate the toilet about 4-5 away in a condo?

Sengkang EC Condo · More Info

Comments (4)

• S L
    Original Author
    7 years ago

my preferred location of the toilet is about 4-5 feet away from the existing location

• Dennis Lim
    7 years ago

Technically you can "relocate" but it is safe to say it will be to costly, impractical, ugly and all round not worth it for most people to completely relocate.

So it might be better to say can adjust the layout but not relocate. If you want to chat more on this PM me. Too complex to simply reply without having a better understanding and more information.

• yeotl2000
    7 years ago

Unless you are willing to spend a couple of thousands, and it really is a must, I would not recommend it. You need to hack out the floor, relay the pipings, waterproofing, etcs.

• ZY Qu
    7 years ago
    Technically, it is entirely possible. You will need to change to a P-type trap WC (often wall mounted) and run the sanitary pipe along the wall to connect to the existing outlet. If the distance is too far, you may need to install your WC at a higher than usual position, or raise the floor of the new bathroom so that the WC P-trap is high enough for the sanitary pipe to flow with the minimum allowable gradient. The licensed plumber of your contractor would be able to advise. Technically it is also possible to expand your bathroom out over existing dry areas, as long as waterproofing is properly applied on the floor and walls. However, your MCST may or may not allow that, depending on how fussy they are.
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.