angielew1309

Dishwasher Location

angielew1309
11 years ago
I am planning to buy a dishwasher for my new kitchen. It is actually not common here in Singapore to own a dishwasher. May I ask where is a best place to put it? I've seen pictures of kitchens with the dishwasher place next to sinks.

Comments (4)

• Sigrid
    11 years ago
    A dishwasher is usually near the sink because it needs plumbing. I'd assume your placement will be near the sink for the same reason. They usually have doors that open down. If it is in a corner, it will block the opening of cabinets next to it. It will also create a mass that makes it harder to reach cabinets above it. It will probably generate some heat, so you don't want it next to your fridge. When it is opened after finishing a cycle, heat and steam will come out, so given the option, you might not want it below cabinets where dry goods are stored, although this hasn't been an issue for me, but I live in a house where I run a humidifier for half of the year.
  • Ed
    11 years ago
    In both these kitchens, they installed the dishwasher right next to the sink (#1 -- under the sign "Keep Calm, Carry On" :), #2 -- next tothe fridge ) --
    Retro Minneapolis Kitchen · More Info

Toy Factory loft kitchen, Interior Design Toronto · More Info
  • PRO
    Matt Patterson Custom Homes
    11 years ago
    It goes next to the sink because it uses the sink drain. There is no special plumbing needed for the dishwasher. In the USA we build them into the lower cabinets adjacent to the sink.
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    11 years ago
    Agreed, beside the sink would be the most logical place for a dishwasher.
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.