o_chng

Is it sanitary to use salvaged wood?

Olivia Chng
7 years ago

I saw something similar to this palette wood daybed on another website, and I want to try it in my flat... but I'm not sure about using used palettes. Is it safe, like how will I know if t's free of bugs or termites? Anyone who's a DIY expert or professional carpenter who can advice? Much appreciated!

Warwick Private Residence · More Info

Comment (1)

• PRO
    Parquet Technologies Pte Ltd
    7 years ago

Bugs and termites will be the least of your concern of you want to use recycled pallets for day bed. moisture of the wood pallets, remnants of Chemicals, oil, cements powder etc will be a more serious concern before you decide to use the pallets. I suggest you check about the historical usage of the pallets you intend to use before you decide cause it is a matter of your own health. To get rid of termites or bugs will be easy, you can use anti-termite / anti fungal coatings to get rid of the bugs.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.