handyplanter

Chemical free way to remove bathroom mould?

Rachel Lim
7 years ago
I have a growing problem in my bathroom. Literally.

I would be glad to hear of any solutions. - but especially chemical free, natural or organic methods.

Thanks HOUZZERS!

Comments (4)

• Gioenne Rapisarda
    7 years ago

Hi Rachel - how long has it been moulding? How's your bathroom ventilation?

Rachel Lim thanked Gioenne Rapisarda
  • Rachel Lim
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Ventilation is fine. This has happened over the last few months.

• PRO
    SUGARBAKERS
    7 years ago

Hi Rachel,

Make a paste of white distilled vinegar and some bi carb soda. Into a deep bowl, add one cup vinegar and slowly stir about a table spoon of bi carb. Add a little of the bi carb as possible into a deeb bowl. The reaction of the two will cause the mixture to foam and thats the reason for the deep bowl. Once the foam settles, apply this paste on to the area concerned and let it sit for an hour or so at least. Use some elbow grease and scrub a little and wash away with clean water.

Vinegar is a mild acid which can kill 82% of mold species. (Baking soda is often used along with vinegar for killing different species of mold.)

Its natural and as organic as it gets. The smell of vinegar will linger for a while and is normal. Make sure the shower is well ventilated.

Hope it helps?

• PRO
    Eliot Koey
    7 years ago

Along with Sugarbakers' suggestion, a hard and cheap toothbrush is your best friend! Tried and tested for those in-between tile moulds.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.