ozgev

Mirror for entry - round or rectangle?

Ozz A
7 years ago
I'm working on my entry design and attched is an idea I have. The question is, if I get a semicircle table, should I get a rectangle mirror? I looked into designs and it's almost always like that. Is there a reasoning for it? I'd prefer a semicircle table since it makes it easier to pass through the door to the kitchen. The main door is right across this view.

Comments (22)

• katinparadise
    7 years ago

I think any shape you get will be fine. I actually think a round or even oval mirror might look better.

• smileythecat
    7 years ago

I'm with kati.

• felizlady
    7 years ago
    Is that a doorbell or thermostat on the wall?
  • User
    7 years ago

I probably would go for a round one.

• User
    7 years ago

How about a compromise ;)

Wood and Copper Wall Mirror, Hexagon · More Info

• PRO
    Studio NOO Design
    7 years ago

Any shape is fine...lamp is too small though...

• Ozz A
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Felizlady - it's the doorbell. I find the placement really annoying.

Glad to hear! I really like round mirrors better but I'll look into oval or hexagonals as well.

Regarding the lamp, I think I was trying to avoid it blocking the mirror but I'll consider something larger. Thanks for the help!
  • Emily Jowers
    7 years ago
    I think some corners would be nice contrast to the round table, but I'm sure anything would look fine.
  • PRO
    meAsured
    7 years ago

Defiitivly oval

• Angel 18432
    7 years ago

Don't worry about the lamp blocking the mirror - in fact It would be fine to do so (partially), then you will get the effect of having 2 lamps. I would get the mirror first, then shop for a lamp.

• Ozz A
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    So here are two updated designs. Which one do you like better? Also, I not sure what color the mirror frame should be. Any suggestions on that?
  • Ozz A
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    The rug in better lighting
  • Ozz A
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thanks katinparadise. The table is wood. Here's another picture of it:
  • katinparadise
    7 years ago

You're welcome. The mirror you photoshopped seems to be a nice option. What do YOU think?

• Ozz A
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    I actually liked it. I think the color and style of it works with what I have. The frame is actually a rope which is interesting. I think I'm leaning towards the oval one
  • Angel 18432
    7 years ago

my vote is for the oval one also.

The real life picture of the table looks so much better than the photo shopped. That one looks as tho it is metal - whereas it's wood.

Ozz A thanked Angel 18432
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I have a suggestion. Stay with one post. All the advice above does not relate at all to your rug choices in the other room. And the rug you post here, is most definitely, so different from what you are considering. I say “no” to that table.

• Ozz A
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I posted on the other thread too but I was concerned about the exact same thing actually, being too traditional at the entry when the living room is something like we discussed in the other post. Is it possible to make the rug work at the entry with a different table? I'd really like to use it there if possible.

• PRO
    VRA Interiors, LLC
    7 years ago

It might be useful to share just a few mirror options from designs of ours.

An Affordable Facelift · More Info

Riverland Court · More Info

Mabry Place · More Info

• mezamis
    7 years ago
    I like the rectangular mirror with the demilune table.
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.