blgreene22

Thermador comination wall oven/microwave, vs. GE Advantium Cafe combo

LG54
7 years ago

Really struggling with this one. I have to replace a 17 year old GE combination wall oven, (before it breaks). Does anyone have suggestions or advise between these two combination wall ovens/microwave?

Comments (8)

• chloebud
    7 years ago

Looking at reviews can be overwhelming and confusing. Pros and cons are all over the map with any brand you check. The only thing I can offer is several different places have told me GE is now a lower selling brand. Also, the GE appliance you purchase today might not be the same quality as 17 years ago.

The home we bought 3 years ago has a 48" Thermador countertop range and hood. So far so good...this is our first experience with Thermador. More time will tell a clearer story.

• LG54
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thank you for your input. I'm leaning toward the Thermador, have the Thermador cooktop. Sales people like the Advantium technology, I think it's one more thing that can go wrong.

• chloebud
    7 years ago

LG54, I think it might be wiser to look at features you like vs. a certain brand. My research on appliances has shown it can be a complete crap shoot. As Patricia mentioned, Thermador does seem to get some decent marks. When we bought our house the home inspector was impressed when he saw Thermador. I am, however, aware you can't always feel at ease with what a home inspector says...or doesn't say! If your choice remains between GE and Thermador, I would go with Thermador if you're happy with the features.

• LG54
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thanks chloebud, I've decided on the Thermador. I was talking to a service rep with no ties to a brand and he said they are having some problems with the GE.

• chloebud
    7 years ago

Sounds good!

• PRO
    LOUISE MONTGRAIN Courtier immobilier agréé
    6 years ago

We need to replace our old Thermador wall oven microwave even if both are still in working condition. The only problem with it is that we cannot find the part to fix the oven door... We are not sure if we should go with separate or combination. We will certainly not be considering the same brand as it is too expensive. Thank you in advance for any suggestions?

• JJ Mekai
    3 years ago

@LG54, have you been happy with your Thermador appliances?

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.