rogallpaintingandconstruction

DIY Pressure Washing - A Good or Bad Idea?

In general, do you think pressure washing is something that should be done on your own, or with the help of a pro?

DIY!
Hire a pro
It depends (explain in a comment below!)

Comments (5)

• tooky58
    7 years ago

Is it something that you or your so has done before? Or, that has the mentality for? I wouldn't have any doubt that hubby could do it, he's just good at doing stuff.

Rogall Painting, Inc. thanked tooky58
  • Sammie J
    7 years ago

For a simple driveway, sidewalk, or deck, I could easily do it on my own. For bigger projects (like a house, or full lanai), I would always hire a pro. From my experience, the pros have much better equipment than the kind I could buy or rent, and the job always lasted longer.

Rogall Painting, Inc. thanked Sammie J
  • PRO
    Gerety Building and Restoration
    7 years ago

Sue J sums it up pretty well. For a small spring cleaning project, just rent the pressure washer from Home Depot, and have it done by lunch.

Rogall Painting, Inc. thanked Gerety Building and Restoration
  • PRO
    Rogall Painting, Inc.
    Original Author
    7 years ago

That's definitely a good point, Sue J (and Gerety)! Mentioning the difference in equipment quality is especially insightful, and true.

• PRO
    Earthway Enterprises, Inc
    7 years ago
    A good powerwash can make your deck/drive look fresh and new, however the wrong equipmemt and techniques can leave lines, swirls or damage paint.

Hire a pro if you don't feel comfortable with the process and equipment or just dont want to deal with all the mess.
    Rogall Painting, Inc. thanked Earthway Enterprises, Inc
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.