juliagarland54

Best cabinet material for active family that cooks a lot

Julia Garland
7 years ago

Cabinet Debate!

We are not sure what cabinet material makes sense for us. We want it easy to clean and durable. We had thought to go with grey stained wood. Now a designer is pushing acrylic. How do we know which way to go?

Our style is contemporary. We cannot stand shiny.

The designer thinks wood isn't good because we can never match it if we replace a door. Will we need to? We don't mind "patina" we do mind obvious damage.

Comments (2)

• jhmarie
    7 years ago

I cannot help with your decision except that I have changed things up in my wood kitchen and was able to stain unfinished cabinet pieces to match my cabinetry. My mother also has had some doors of her wood cabinets refinished professionally and they match the others. So, if you want wood stained cabinets, it should be possible. My mother and I both have the old fashioned oak raised panels doors which are very strong, but not contemporary. My cabinets made it through the raising of four children, and I do cook a lot, but my family is not unusually hard on the furniture or any of the cabinets in the house.

• PRO
    casaliusa
    7 years ago

What do you think about lacquered glass, is very easy to clean , and so resistant

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.