houzzau

WIN a genuine Eames® Classic Hang-It-All’ - Comment to enter!

HouzzAU
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

To be in the running to win a genuine, Hang-It-All coat and hat rack, designed by legendary Scandinavian design team Charles and Ray Eames, just comment below, telling us...

How do you currently hang your hats and/or coats?

Bright white bedroom · More Info

The lucky winner will get to choose from four options from Living Edge: Walnut on white, Walnut on black, All Black, or All white.

View terms and conditions

Comments (117)

• reg66
    7 years ago

Ashamed to say ours are hanging on a replica "Eames" - covet the real thing though!

• Marian Simons
    7 years ago

I use padded, satin covered coat hangers on a hook, on the inside of a cupboard door

• spmm
    7 years ago
    Scarves and pashminas folded with hats on top.
    Except ones which are actually in use, so in winter the system breaks down quite quickly as they need to be 'aired' before being returned to the small section of cupboard.

Lovely spot near the front door for one of these though :) perfect.
  • Swa Neee
    7 years ago

if the cats not around sometimes i hang my hat on the dog

• philippawright
    7 years ago

I use padded coat hangers made by my dear old Nana about 45 years ago. I remember watching her teach me how to make them when i stayed with her in the holidays. I have bought many hangers since then but Nana's are still the best even for scarves etc and delicates as they don't damage anything.

• Rusty
    7 years ago
    Following our renovations, in a pile and on the floor...one day we'll have something that resembles a house again
  • D
    7 years ago

Currently I hang coats in a cupboard, hats on a shelf & scarves in a drawer. This would be beautiful in an entry

• Michelle Snyman
    7 years ago

unfortunately its a tangled mishmash on THE CHAIR. in the bedroom.

• Paula Priaulx
    7 years ago

All the crappy work/gardening jackets and hats are on a broom rack thingy behind the laundry door. There are hats and caps on a wooden hall unit in the kitchen passageway. My good wool/cashmere coats are in a wardrobe....well most of the time. But, no matter what the season, there is always a stray hat, scarf, coat (or all of the aforementioned) languidly embellishing a chair, couch, doorknob or bedpost somewhere. The "Eames" has a patch of wall in our wonderful, crazy, eclectic, 1950's built home, madly waving and yelling "pick me, pick me".

• sonicamoya
    7 years ago

There is definitely no order in our house when it comes to hanging hats, coats scarfs. I have many scarfs and they move from room to room because I just can't find them a home. At the moment they are in a drawer but I forget they are there, and when it comes to scarfs you just need them to hang for inspiration .

Hats are in the laundry cupboard , outside in the deck, on top of my wardrobe and in the shed ....I have hooks hanging behind my bedroom door, and most doors with scarvs, coats and hats and would really love not to wake up to them- I need the Eames to put some style back into our home .

• toulag
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

To say that they, my hats hang on all the door nobs would not be a lie... also currently have an unsightly hall stand but my partner has taken it over... as for our coats they are in the wardrobe or drapped over our kitchen stools!!! I would love this for my scarf collection also ✌️️Best of luck to all ❣️

• Amanda Roberts
    7 years ago

Most coats are in the wardrobe and hats are in the drawers. I have 3 hooks for coats & scarves been worn. They do not cope very well. I take everything off if I am having anyone over. Most of my scarves are in the wardrobe hanging up or in a dedicated drawer.

• Anastasia Andreou
    7 years ago
    On the bed, the cupboard door, anywhere we can find. There's not enough space for us. Desperately seeking inspiration for how to solve storage problem
  • zaffa
    7 years ago
    I'm dreaming of a Eames Christmas, with a walnut and black Eames Classic Hang-It-All, worldwide Houzzers will derive much stylish inspiration, and my wandering hanging items and frustration will be no more!
  • robandlyn
    7 years ago

In theory we hand all our jackets on some cheap old hooks we have put up under our stairs....but try telling teenage boys that! An ultra stylish Eames Hang-it-all could be mounted in full view to help them remember!

• Lauren Pratt
    7 years ago

Currently we hang them over our computer chairs. Not ideal at all. Would love this hook would be great for a family of coats and scarfs or beach towels in summer!

• PRO
    Sushiiphoto
    7 years ago
    Stacked in the wardrobe!
  • Neryl Hollingsworth
    7 years ago

Can i add another comment? I leave my jacket in the wardrobe and raincoats by the door.

• PRO
    Danny Donagh
    7 years ago

All on the floor. No effort means no worries!

• Liam A
    7 years ago

My hats sit on the dining table, once I get home I turn my Brixton Hooligan hat upside down and use it as a valet for my keys, wallet and phone. That way when I am about to leave - I have everything where I want it. Nice and organised but not at the same time.

• Kara-lee Dewhirst
    7 years ago

Ok guess its name and shame myself time! My hats and jackets get 'hung' on my treadmill. Not good for my gorgeous garments but also not good for my health. I need a hanging overhall!

• suzineedsahouse
    7 years ago

I floor file....it's easy - and nothing can fall any further

• Vee
    7 years ago
    Hang?? As in place on some sort of mechanism for it to be held?? ........ well isn't that embarrassing, our hats simply are blissfully scattered in an organised chaos.
  • PRO
    ideal drape makers
    7 years ago

Yeah.. When we have a full house hats and coats are a bit of a problem. They get stacked here and there and when it's time to leave the one you want is always at the bottom of the pile.

• katemann22
    7 years ago
    Unfortunately currently my scarves all sit in a pile stuffed into an extremely small shelf so it's very hard to find the ones I want...and when I do- they're terribly wrinkled!! And my hats are exploding out of a hat box that I've had for too long to admit!! This Eames classic hang it all- would be absolutely amazing to help me organize my life... at least a little!!
  • Marcus Liddle
    7 years ago

the floor.

• Lynne Lillington
    7 years ago

All over my chair in the corner of the room , when guests come i just throw them on the bed.

• cianor
    7 years ago
    The frequently used coats are under the stairs and the rest in the spare bedroom wardrobe! As for hats, well they are currently on the floor.
  • Evon Speirs
    7 years ago

Our outside yard hats hang on a pallet timber rack with teaspoons bent up for hooks which my husband made, and I was so proud of him too - this is located outside in the garden tool room . Our good hats at this stage are kept in our wardrobe taking up valuable space, I would be proud to hang the " Eames Classic Hang-it-all" in my Entry Deck

• Alicia Bardsley
    7 years ago

Kids = bedroom floor

Adults = wherever one can find a spot.

That's why we need the Eames Classic Hang-It-All

• ssken1
    7 years ago

I hang my scarves on a recycled ladder. My hats on the edge of a chair. Jackets in the wardrobe. Living in Qld we don't use them that often.

• diannekitson
    7 years ago

They are draped over chairs or land on whatever is handy! Have been looking for a great coat rack/stand unsuccessfully so far, but the Eames is so stylish and great for a small space like ours! Thanks houzz and Eames! Good luck everyone!

• s_lomman
    7 years ago

WOW a genuine Eames....!!! Currently we have a handmade hat and coat stand of sorts fashioned from a disused broom handle and some off cuts from the shed. My handy dandy husband put it together and i painted it black. This however would be out the door faster than you can say "Charles and Ray, please come my way" and replaced with genuine beauty and style that only an Eames can provide!

• Belinda Bee
    7 years ago

I have an old but very cool church pew near my front door that sadly get swamped with all our coats, scarves, hats, backpacks etc. This very cool Eames Hang-It-All coat and hat rack solves this unsightly problem by organizing everything neatly and it matches my mid century decor perfectly :) Merry Christmas xx

• Roberto Colombi
    7 years ago

Being a man - they are flung over backs of chairs or lying on floors... I should be strung up never mind the coats!

• annb1997
    7 years ago

Haha!

• Jean Burton
    7 years ago

Currently all on the backs of doors--this would be so much more stylish.

• Julie Ford
    7 years ago

right now where ever they fall so back of chairs, over doors, even the floor winning would be ideal

• Kim Dring
    7 years ago

Some are hanging in our wardrobe. But until we get some renovations done on the house we bought a few months ago, we have just the one wardrobe for our family of 6! So some are draped over boxes. Some are still packed in boxes. Hat: One boy has a treasured Trilby, one has a cowboy hat. To stop dust getting on them, they are packed in a special hat box on a shelf. School hats are fortunately quite scrunchable, and spend most of their lives in backpacks or on heads. No fancy schmancy hat rack for these hardworking hats. I have a very favourite hat that actually suits me (rare than diamonds!) and it usually hangs on my spinning wheel in my bedroom: easy to grab on my way out after getting dressed.

• Paulina Batty
    7 years ago

Most of the family think that the floor is the best place to hang things! I'd love this beautiful Eames rack to show off my scarves and hats

• Fiona Murray
    7 years ago
    We...actually mean me use gravity hooks AKA the floor for most coats , living in rental at the moment and not allowed to screw anything into the walls. We have some over the door coat hooks from Ikea which drive me demented as it means the doors don't shut properly.....currently designing our dream house, could find a beautiful space for this.....might even give up my gravity hooks which would please the other half no end
  • petemuskens
    7 years ago

Living in tropical North Queensland means no Scarves or Coats to hang, thank goodness! Hats are definitely a problem though. Door knobs, chair backs, bench tops - you name it and there will be a hat or cap there! Eames has the perfect solution and I have just the place for it. Also handy for the dog leads!

• Aloysius Rosenberg
    7 years ago

We just dump it on the floor next to the family dog.

• Toni Faint
    7 years ago

We have an old wooden hat stand that is full plus I I have a hook for scarves. I would love this for the entrance of the house as I never know what to with peoples hats and jackets

• Kate Louise
    7 years ago

On the end of the bed
    Enough said...
    Would love to win the walnut on white

Then I will be able to sleep tight

• H M
    7 years ago
    I wish I knew where we store them. Might help us to find them.
  • lizcdesign
    7 years ago

I currently use a set of hangers in the overfilled drawer and a simple box. Wish I could have something more elaborate and stylish like this Eames rack.

• Faye Hannam
    7 years ago

I love the white one pictured... We seem to hang coats in the hall closet and hats anywhere and everywhere... On door handles, chairs, cupboards... There's no designated spot for HATS!

• Gioenne Rapisarda
    7 years ago

Hi everyone - thanks for your entries! We hope reading everyone else's comments had made you feel better about your own hanging habits. We've randomly drawn the winner for this competition and emailed them privately, so make sure to check your junk mail in case you're the lucky one! Merry Christmas :)

• Hannah Millen
    7 years ago

I'm so upset I missed this contest!!

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.