metalqueen

I would like to request details on the construction of the privacy screen around the bed.

Laura Su
11 years ago
Namely, how it was attached to the Brimnes bed. This bed I available to me, and I can construct the screen, but for safety and strength I would love to know how it was anchored. Thank you!! Laura
Studio: Bedroom · More Info

Comments (6)

• PRO
    The Brooklyn Home Company
    10 years ago
    Construction of the wood lathe bed is very simple. We attached vertical 2x4's to the bed frame with large screws, careful not to screw into the drawer mechanism. We then created lathe panels. With 1x2 rails and wood lathe cross pieces that you get from a building supply store. We thinned white primer with water and dash of grey paint and coated the unsanded lathe panels. Then we attached the panels to the vertical 2x4's and that was that. The rest is all in the measuring!
  • jqflower
    9 years ago
    Has anyone else tried to build this room divider? I would to see some more examples.
  • jqflower
    9 years ago
    Wow, metalqueen, that's very impressive!! I love it. Now I just need to find myself a builder friend.
  • Amy Mtz-Santos
    9 years ago
    I LOVE THIS!! :D
  • PRO
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.