madalynlondon

Shutters? Color?

madalynlondon
7 years ago

Should I add shutters to my home? Should they match the accent siding? Help!?

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Beacon Rock Custom Builders
    7 years ago

I think that shutters would look great on your home! It would break up the brick a little bit. As far as color, I think it is a matter of personal preference. However, I would probably either match the shutters with the trim color or select a third color that compliments the existing colors and paint the front door to match (see some examples in the pictures below).

Horizon View: Lot 20 · More Info

madalynlondon thanked Beacon Rock Custom Builders
  • torreykm
    7 years ago

Yes, but only on the single windows.

madalynlondon thanked torreykm
  • suzie123
    7 years ago

i do not think the shutters should "match". Do the shutters a shade or two darker than the siding but in the same family and then the door should have contrast whether white, black or a contrasting color.

madalynlondon thanked suzie123
  • leelee
    7 years ago

Agree, single windows only. Make them real shutters as if they could really close.

Don't bother with those board thin shutters that look like bracket [ ] marks. They detract instead of adding.

madalynlondon thanked leelee
  • decoenthusiaste
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Shutters on the three single windows on the right wing. I think your single porch post looks poorly positioned and strange next to the black railing. I would want it centered on the wall between the window and door, with a second one on the far right. One looks like a crutch; two well-placed ones look deliberate and designed, not just haphazard.

madalynlondon thanked decoenthusiaste
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.