mhuggon

advice as to best tiles for small cloakroom and ensuite

mhuggon
7 years ago
what tiles are contemporary whilst being easy to keep clean and make the space look bigger. Thanks

Comments (5)

• Isidora Markovic
    7 years ago

Hi there!

Generally smooth tiles clean easier, I've heard porcelain is a good one. What are the styles and colour schemes of the rooms the tiles are to be going in?

mhuggon thanked Isidora Markovic
  • mhuggon
    Original Author
    7 years ago

No colour decided yet but probably light grey. Black or dark grey granite for the shelf got table top oval washbasin. Door are all oak. It's a barn conversion.

• PRO
    European Heritage
    7 years ago

Hello,

Isidora is correct here putting forward a porcelain product. They are far more robust than natural products and choosing a large format material will certainly make the space look bigger. We are seeing a big push for Concrete Effect material at the moment as well which will give your space a clean and contemporary feel.

Here is an image of a 1200x1200mm tile from a project that we supplied.

https://www.houzz.co.uk/photos/kitchen-conproj-grey-lp-1200x1200-contemporary-kitchen-london-phvw-vp~44310654

We have many more large format options in a variety of finishes on our website, you can also order samples from there as well.

Best Regards

mhuggon thanked European Heritage
  • Juliet Docherty
    7 years ago

Hi, I have used porcelanosa concrete look tiles in my main bathroom and ensuite. I am thrilled with them and they are very forgiving.The en-suite is small and I wasn't sure at first about using the patterned tiles but it seems to work.

mhuggon thanked Juliet Docherty
  • minnie101
    7 years ago

I also like concrete effect tiles! The larger the tile the less busy it is so makes it feel larger. Also look at how you lay them out if choosing rectangular ones depending on room shape. I do agree with colourhappy though that tiles such as hers also seem to work. Use mirrors too and try and go for wall hung or furniture on feet so you can see the floor. Maybe hang the loo too if you can

mhuggon thanked minnie101
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.