shannon_mcclelland

exterior siding, what is the material and colour and application?

Zen entry garden · More Info

Comment (1)

• PRO
    Scott Allen Architecture
    7 years ago

Thank you for your interest in the work. The siding is clear Western red cedar siding cut into "ship lap" shapes with a semi-transparent finish in a custom color, sort of a warm gray, with probably about 5 -5 1/2" to the weather per board. If it is the color you are after I recommend getting several samples of what you want and painting them out on large boards (I get sheets of Masonite for this and have them cut into 2' x 4' panels), then leaning them up on your walls -- different walls at different times of day and different weather conditons -- so you can make the right choice. I have been using Benjamin Moore's Arborcoat for this, since samples come in pints and it dries quickly with a flat sheen. I have been doing this for 30+ years and am always amazed at what I think will work from a chip and how much different that looks in reality. The other advice: go darker than you think -- this works even in our gray Pacific NW climate.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.