di_anderson76

Queenslander facade windows

di_anderson76
7 years ago
We need to replace the lattice of our front verandah to waterproof the verandah as our new internal stairs will be built here. For the middle section of lattice I'm considering 2 pairs of 6 lite casement windows. We'll also remove the lattice on the right side to open up the space as a balcony and add 8 lite French doors. Plan is for these two elements to match as can't find a solution to match in with the large window on the left side. Do you think this will look ok?

Comments (8)

• siriuskey
    7 years ago

What a beautiful house, did you get it moved onto your block by Mackay and Sons attaching a photo of a house they did, they have just moved another house "Wynola to Boomerang Beach

• PRO
    ARCHiSHED
    7 years ago

Your idea has the potential to be lovely. The key to pulling it off would be to draw up the whole front elevation with the new elements to ensure that you get the proportions right; a window or door can either look just right, or a little bit wrong, if the width to height ratios are a bit off. It would also be useful to think through all the detailing before you start. You have some lovely timber mouldings on the front; have you thought what is happening to these? And the new windows/doors should preferably have matching facings, sills etc as the window that is remaining, to assist with making it look like it is 'right'. And finally, the paint/colour scheme is also important; this includes choosing which areas/mouldings get the accent colour, and which get the main colour.

• siriuskey
    7 years ago

• di_anderson76
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    siriuskey, no the house is in its original circa 1908 location.
  • siriuskey
    7 years ago

Just another lovely Queenslander Di, if you're in or around Brissie and
    haven't already done so it would be worth driving around and checking
    out all the other houses similar to yours, look forward to seeing what
    you do

Williams town · More Info

Meet My Houzz: Kylie Brady's Dream Queensland Home · More Info

Interior Vasastan Gothenburg · More Info

Ingleside--Huka Lodge Inspired Customkit Buildings Kitset Home · More Info
    Just sending a few ideas that I like, cheers

• di_anderson76
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thanks siriuskey - have been doing this obsessively, even on my morning walk : ) These pics are great!
  • siriuskey
    7 years ago

hope you don't mind but I think the windows in these pics are similar to what you were thinking to use

Stunning floor in the Kitchen, have you seen Huka Lodge in NZ, and "As good as it gets" cheers,

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.