djrohrer

Drive way

djrohrer
7 years ago
Beautiful home, beautiful landscapes. Could you be so kind as to tell what is used on driveway? I see this often in European estates and think it's so stunning. I've always wondered what material it was and it's installed. Thank you most kindly.
New home on Greenway in Mountain Brook · More Info

Comments (2)

• PRO
    Michael Eric Dale
    7 years ago

This is just standard tan pea gravel you can buy in bulk from a stone or landscape supplier, or by the bag at home depot for small projects. The best way to install a driveway like this is a very thin layer of gravel over a substrate of chert or similar subsurface. The substrate keeps the thin layer of gravel from moving about. The worst way is to dump a 4" layer that you can barely drive over and which winds up in the street.

• djrohrer
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thank u! I figured it was most likely small pea gravel just wondered how it was applied and what kept it from spilling out. It appears well packed down. I'm guessing a heavy roller may help with this.
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.