reesti81

White or Smokey grey grout?

Ria Bee-Bee
7 years ago
Hi y'all, need some help in deciding on white or grey grout for the wall metro tiles. Purchased a smokey grey to match the floor times but now feel it may look too busy. Am I being a woos? Should I just go for the dramatic look?

Comments (14)

• Ria Bee-Bee
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thanks Jmcdi!
  • S L
    7 years ago

grey

• PRO
    Traditional Sash Windows
    7 years ago

Definitely Grey - Mapei do a great colour called Manhattan 110, which is perfect for White Metro tiles.

• Chris L
    7 years ago
    I'd go with grey too! Where did you get the floor tiles from? Going to do our bathroom shortly and I had something similar in mind...
  • PRO
    Leighton Home Style
    7 years ago

absolutely grey....great floor tiles!!

• PRO
    The London Tile Co.
    7 years ago

Definitely grey, will look great and be easier to keep clean

• Chris L
    7 years ago
    Thanks Ria - sample ordered! :-)
  • PRO
    mosaicsbypost.com
    7 years ago

White grout, unless you use an epoxy grout, will discolour more readily and necessitate frequent cleaning to keep it looking sharp. Grey all the way unless you can be bothered with epoxy.

• Ria Bee-Bee
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Tile job was finished today, with the grey grout. Thanks very much everyone. I'll post an 'after' picture next week once the fittings are in place.
  • Chris L
    6 years ago
    Hi Ria Bee-bee, just wondering what the finished article look like? Hope you're happy with the result!
  • Ria Bee-Bee
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    A few manky bits to sort out. I'll get some pics up in a few weeks.
  • PRO
    P & P Maintenance Services
    6 years ago

Grey always. White grout scales up and turns tan coloured in heavily watered areas (the tanning is actually your body fat adhering to the grout).

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.