kaydamuckey

Edging on backsplash

kaydamuckey
7 years ago
What is the brand of edging on the backsplash?
Kitchen Design in Denver Highlands by à la carte DESIGN · More Info

Comments (3)

• PRO
    à la carte DESIGN
    7 years ago

Thank you for your interest! I'm sorry, I don't understand your question. Are you talking about the extra, linear detail in the backsplash? Please be more specific.

• kaydamuckey
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    I'm interested in the edging around the side of the backsplash. I have raw tile for my backsplash and am looking for a decorative edging
  • PRO
    à la carte DESIGN
    7 years ago

Typically we
    finish tiling where there is a raw edge in a couple of ways 1) use a bullnose tile (there are some of
    these that are kind of a pencil size bullnose),
    2) use a “Schluter” strip (names for the company who first created them
    (this is a cutable “L” strip that fits behind the field tile and finishes the
    side of it as well) this must be installed before the tile is applied . . . not workable on your project), 3)
    you could purchase a decorative, coordinating tile strip to finish the
    ends and 4) you could use a thicker bead of caulk on that edge to hide the raw ends of the glass.

Hope this helps!

Jeane

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.