prhickens

I need a curtain rod for heavy lined rod pocket curtains

prhickens
7 years ago

I have some heavy lined pinch pleat draperies I wat to use as rod pocket curtains.

But I need a very strong curtain rod

Comments (4)

• maddielee
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Help us out here so we can help you.

How wide is the window? Do you want to be able to open and close the curtains often? Do your curtains already have a rod pocket? If so, how wide is the pocket?

• patty_cakes42
    7 years ago

Wood closet dowling. I think it might come in a 2"diameter, and up to 10'-12' in length. It's sold by the foot at Home Depot or Lowe's. I've used it several times for heavier draperies which were lined ans quite wide, and it worked like a charm. It's much cheaper than an extra large store bought rod. You will also need to buy brackets for the ends as well as one in the middle. I use wood ones which are sold in the drapery hardware department. You can also paint or stain your rods/brackets, moreso the brackets since they will show.

• PRO
    Details Full Service Interiors
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

While it's true that you need a strong rod, you also need to be sure to install it either into the stud or with a strong anchor. Country Curtains has good quality drapery rods as does Pottery Barn. Make sure that you buy a rod that will fit into the rod pocket, leaving enough space so that the drapery can be pulled open and closed easily.

Sponsored
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.