hzdeleted_40162870

16 square metres

User
6 years ago

Hey guys, I've recently come in to ownership of a plot, measuring 20 square meters. I would like your suggestions / drawing for a studio that is 16 square meters, as i would like a cute little garden as well. I've drawings and will be uploading them soon, but any help for now?

Comments (11)

• PRO
    White Red Architects
    6 years ago

Hi Lewis,

Sounds like interesting project requiring a creative solution to the limited space. We have done a few spaces where the area has had to work really hard. In the space below, for example, we looked to make the storage, bed and workspace work together.

We'd love to help but would need a little more information. Perhaps easiest discussed over the phone?

Thanks

Joe

User thanked White Red Architects
  • Jen Osborne
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

This sounds very interesting, can you go up?

My mind went straight to the idea of narrow houses like those, they usually are little gem of architecture.

• User
    Original Author
    6 years ago

@whiteredarchitects i would love to talk, preferably over email though. I can't go up due to planning restrictions for the property.

I was thinking 4 metres by 4 metre building. i will have a cabi style bed raised high up with lots of wardrobe space underneath it. a 4 square metre bathrrom.

And then i have 8 square metres for a kitchen, lounge and entertaining space.

• PRO
    Fenland Architectural Design.
    6 years ago

Hi there. Just remember that your 16sq.m. is not really 16sq.m. You need to allow for (say) 300mm of external wall to each of the faces which could make it all much tighter a fit than you think.

• User
    Original Author
    6 years ago

@ The Bespoke Design Company Hey, the plot is 20 meters squared, but i wanted a nice little entranceway, so the interior is planned to be 16sqm

• PRO
    Fenland Architectural Design.
    6 years ago

Ah Lewis I see now 20m x 20m?

• User
    Original Author
    6 years ago

@ The Bespoke Design Company. I want the interior to be 16 x 16, but i have 20 x 20 space

• Jonathan
    6 years ago
    Hi Lewis. Do you have a budget in mind? Do you intend to live or work in the studio ? Have you sought advice about planning which in the U.K. rarely allows you to build on the whole plot because of the need to provide parking and to respect neighbouring properties.
    If you have a property that is 16m x 16m this will have a bigger footprint than most 4 bed houses..... are the measurements correct? You say you want a cute garden but a 1m strip around the whole property won't be very useful.
    Please check your requirement and provide more details
  • User
    Original Author
    6 years ago

@jonathan. the property will be 16 square metres not 16 x16. so 8 x 2 for example. i will live in the property

• Carolina
    6 years ago

That's a challenge. But you could look at tiny houses ('big' in the USA) for inspiration.

click on the pic for more photos of this project for example

Tiny Tea House · More Info

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.