hzdeleted_39741270

Need help, which is better Norman Woodlore or Woodlore Plus shutter?

User
6 years ago

Sliding door is 947/8 wide 93 1/4 height

Comments (17)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    6 years ago

Where are you putting shutters? Not on the sliding door I hope. This is alight looking space i would not add heavy shutters to that wall why not just some nice drapes and maybe solar shades if light and heat are an issue.

User thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • User
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Yes, I was going to do a bipass 4.5" louver 3 panel slider. Patricia you said it was a ? looking space? Please explain. I apppreciate your input.

• User
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Patricia this is a pic of what I was thinking. It has no tilt, its invisible.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    6 years ago

There is nothing invisible about those shutters, they block light and view and what I meant is your space is quite light looking with the white and glass .

• User
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Patricia I meant invisible tilt on the shutter. Thank you!

• PRO
    Shades of Home
    6 years ago

I would not recommend shutters in that patio door. They will do nothing to enhance the space, a space I'm certain is rather 'echoey'. The shutters will only amplify that.

I would recommend adding drapery, mounting 8-12 inches above the trim - as much as necessary to add height to the room and detract from the flatness of the wall above. Go 18" past on either side to add even more drama.

But Shutters...??? Shutters are great for bedrooms, laundry rooms and bathrooms. Other treatments are better in public spaces.

You might want to consider - if you are minimalist - a banded shade/zebra shade/highlite shade. You can power the upper window and go manual on the lower.

This is an example of an installation of the suggested shades on the main floor of a condominium facing Lake Ontario in Burlington, Ontario, Canada.

Good luck!

• User
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thank you Shades of Home, I will check that shade out. I do like the fact I can have privacy with the shutter and also let in light at the top.

• chloebud
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

B, I already gave my thoughts on the shutters in your other post. Opinions are all over the map on this, including those who dislike shutters in any location. Take in all the good advice here, then get whatever best appeals to you. :-)

User thanked chloebud
  • User
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thank you Chloebud, I know you said your mom and you really love them. I am just going crazy because I am afraid they maybe heavy looking, but I love the looks of them.

• groveraxle
    6 years ago

Maybe this will help.

• User
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Groveraxle, thank you so much! The three panel I'm going to hopefully use will be about 33" per panel. I was going to pick the pure white, but after seeing this mock up I think I should probably get the softer white. Do you think it looks too heavy for the room? Thanks again.

• chloebud
    6 years ago

B, if it helps, ours shutters are all a soft white which I think is nice.

• User
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thank you chloebud, I have someone coming tomorrow . Hopefully I'll make the right choice. I'm also doing two windows in my bedroom, and possibly a sliding door.

• User
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thank you Candace, I am going to bite the bullet and order them. Thanks again for your input.

• chloebud
    6 years ago

"If anything, their simplicity lightened up my room and made it feel more open."

Yes...I agree with Candace!

• carrie1626
    5 years ago

No one ever answered the original question: Which is better - Woodlore or Woodlore PLUS Shutters?

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.