holli_watson

Should I add trim, awnings or shutters to these two windows?

Holli Watson
6 years ago

We love our recently remodeled/new addition and paint job on our home. The only thing I think the home needs is the dying tree removed (between the two windows surrounded by rock in front) and those same two windows to be dressed up a bit. What do you think the windows or front of the home needs? Thanks in advance!

Comments (13)

• User
    6 years ago

Could you possibly post a ground level photo including entrance?

Holli Watson thanked User
  • Harper
    6 years ago
    Window boxes would look nice on those two windows
    Holli Watson thanked Harper
  • User
    6 years ago

did u take these pictures from ur jet? Lol

No, u don't need anything..

• User
    6 years ago

They already have trim.

Shutters? No.

I like awnings. Or just as it is now.

• Holli Watson
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thank you! The pictures were taken with a drone that a friend brought over to practice. I've added photos from the front on here before and nobody responded or commented so I thought maybe a better picture would help get responses (which it did!) I'll upload a front view. Thanks for your help so far. I like the awning idea too!

• leelee
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I agree no shutters. No window boxes and the trim on all the windows is rightly the same.

Stop while you're ahead!

Get a dwarf Jap maple or other decorative tree to replace the one that's going. You won't need anything else.

• leelee
    6 years ago

What does your front door look like?

• studio10001
    6 years ago

All the trees in your foundation planting appear too close to the house. The center tree replacement should allow airflow between branches (the japanese maple is a nice choice), and lower foliage at either house corner will help keep the focus on the center of the house. Congrats on your new addition!

• chloebud
    6 years ago

Definitely a Japanese maple...so pretty!

• Holli Watson
    Original Author
    6 years ago

• Mrs. McGillicuddy
    6 years ago

No gutters, shudders or awning needed...2 trees are too big and too close to house. Beauty of house stands on own.

• PRO
    Aalta Australia
    6 years ago

Stunning house Holli.

I really love https://www.houzz.com/user/leedew suggestion.

If you ever consider creating a weather proof outdoor living space, please feel free to check out a range of retractable roofs and retractable awnings @ http://www.aalta.com.au/retractable-roofs-sydney/ I think it will suit your refined style!

Warm regards, Dylan.

Aalta Australia.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.