anderson

Heather Watson
6 years ago

anderson any good

Comments (11)

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    6 years ago

Andersen makes a bunch of different products for different material considerations as well as price points. All in all, they seem to be a well run company with a fair customer centric focus.

• friedajune
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I always find people who post like that - one-word subject line, and just a phrase In the post, not even a sentence--will never return. 100% of the time. If they can't spare the time or the effort for a couple of sentences, they won't be able to spare the time or the effort to return to see what people wrote. In the Kitchens Forum, posts will be entitled "sink", with a post body that says "best sink", that's it. Those people never return. It's a waste of time for the good people on this forum to respond to these.

• PRO
    6 years ago

That is probably a spot on observations friedajune. It does seem to be one of those effort in vs. effort out equations. I have seen a few where folks are either intimidated by the "technical" terms or where English is not a primary language (more so in the case of postings on metal roofs), but I would say that a vast majority of the short postings fall into what you are describing here.

• PRO
    East Bay 10
    6 years ago

Misspellings don't help. Andersen not Anderson. The Finns and Norwegians would be horrified!

• PRO
    Renewal by Andersen of Alaska
    6 years ago

We own Renewal By Andersen - British Columbia. We operate exclusively with Andersen windows and patio doors because they offer a superior product with a 10 year warranty. To answer your question, yes. Yes it is "good".

• PRO
    6 years ago

When you say "superior", what exactly are your referring to and in what comparison?

• fridge2020
    6 years ago

Not sure what type of warranties are available in BC, but around here, 10 years sucks. I can't think of a warranty worse than that for a non-wood window. I wouldn't call that "good".

• PRO
    Renewal by Andersen: Vancouver & BC Windows/Doors
    6 years ago

Hi fridge2020. Renewal by Andersen provides a 20 year warranty. There are many brands with good warranties, but far more with disappointing warranties. Some don't even include expensive items such as shipping and labor.

• PRO
    toddinmn
    6 years ago

It is very common for non vinyl manufactures to offer 20 years glass and 10 years for non glass parts on there warranties. Marvin does this with there Integrity series as well. Length of warranty does not seem to correspond to quality. I'd buy a Toyota over a Kia despite Kia's superior warranty. Non vinyl manufactures offer a lesser warranty they don't have since no one else is and it's not hurting there's sales enough to matter, vinyl manufactures offer lifetime warranties because all of the direct competition does. This is not based on fact but just my opinion.

• PRO
    6 years ago

Still waiting on the answer to my question as posed above.

Sponsored
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.