jkr_home_inspiration

POLL: Black Stainless Steel Appliances in a White Kitchen?

Which do you prefer in a white kitchen: stainless steel or black stainless steel appliances. See example below:

Stainless Steel
Black Stainless Steel
Other/Comment

Comments (6)

• PRO
    homedecorandideas
    6 years ago

I like the black stainless because of it's contrast to the white cabinets.

• minjeeah
    6 years ago
    I voted for the 1st one!
  • PRO
    Rosenhaus Design Group, Inc.
    6 years ago

White.

If a kitchen is just a series of cabinets with appliances, then any color of the rainbow works. Stainless gets more votes because we have been inundated with these pictures. If a kitchen is an architectural space, then it must be treated as a 3-dimensional sculpture. If a full height pantry was on the end, this would be an end point of the sculpture. A refrigerator on the end should be treated similarly - the cabinet above it should be the same material in order to create the end of the sculpture. Not a stainless box with a with "bonnet" above it with side panels that look like the ribbons of the bonnet. Refrigerators are strong 3-dimensional objects - treat them with the respect they deserve.

• chloebud
    6 years ago

For me, dark appliances can really become the main focal point in kitchens with a lot of white. Works well if that's the desired outcome. Stainless seems to work with almost everything when it comes to balance.

• PRO
    Lunada Consulting & Design, Inc.
    6 years ago

Black and white is a classic combination.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.