seahill

Apartment in need of some serious TLC

seahill
6 years ago

Hi, I have just bought this 1 bedroom apartment and I really don't know where to start. I want to create a more luxurious but also a homely feel. I was thinking of beige & red colour scheme. I don't want anything too bold, more of a classy look. I would really appreciate any help or suggestions you would have or maybe direct me to some photos. Thanks so much!

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Duke of Design
    6 years ago

Depends on how much alteration you want to do, but large deco glaze mirrors, large artwork, make the space larger and more luxurious. Maybe nicer radiators and light fittings?

seahill thanked Duke of Design
  • seahill
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Many thanks for your suggestions. The large artwork would really make a difference. I was thinking of a large bed frame but wasn't sure if it would make the room look too small? I had a look at your own website and definitely got some ideas. Ironically the apartment block is called the Arc!!

• PRO
    Duke of Design
    6 years ago

Large bed frames wont look nice unless you get a bespoke piece made till ceiling level. The beds are perfect. Some nice luxury pillows and a fur throw would give it a classy feel you're looking for.

seahill thanked Duke of Design
  • PRO
    TimberZone Design Ltd
    6 years ago

Do you know if the existing floor is laminate or engineered? Perhaps a lighter oak engineered wood floor would create a more spacious look? Combining this with underfloor heating will give you more design options with the radiators out of the way.

seahill thanked TimberZone Design Ltd
  • julesrtilley
    6 years ago
    Hi I would remove the red rug and maybe buy a bigger and a beige colour .
    I feel you do not need to add anymore red to the lounge as the table will look better as a colour on its own if you go with other items of red it makes it look cheaper !
    When picking art maybe go larger and not red . It looks a lovely flat it takes time to personalise
    seahill thanked julesrtilley
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.