ysong90

Caesarstone Calacatta Nuvo and...White Cabinets..but which White?

Yan Song
6 years ago

Has anyone had experience with doing an all-white kitchen + Calacatta Nuvo counters? My kitchen is facing East (and has a North small window) so should get enough light. I am thinking of using BM Chantilly Lace for a crisp white (and I've read that it works well w/ marble). The look i'm going for is modern as the cabinets will be high gloss acrylic + flat panel with stainless steel appliances and probably silver/chrome cabinet pulls

I would love some pictures or opinions of whether the choice works well or if you used another white to go with the counter (Simply White? Decorator's White?)

Comments (21)

• PRO
    Caesarstone
    6 years ago

Hi Yan, this is a great kitchen concept design. You can get more information and images about 5131 Calacatta Nuvo here .

• Jane Smith
    6 years ago

I too would like to know which Caesarstone Calacatta has the 'whiter' (not cream) background. Its very hard to tell from samples and photos online really depend on lighting and photo etc. I have high gloss white kitchen cabinets up top and natural birch cabinets on bottom. I love the look of the calacatta caesarstone but hard to tell in samples which is a cleaner white the Nuvo or Statuario Maximus. Would love to get opinions from people who have seen larger slabs of both!

• PRO
    Caesarstone
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Hi Jane, Statuario Maximus has a whiter back than comparing to Calacatta Nuvo or Statuario Nuvo. Please visit your nearest Caesarstone showroom to have a closer look. Remember lighting is everything, look at your sample colour choices in both natural lighting and LED lighting. https://www.caesarstone.ca/customer-service/our-locations/ 

• pls1968
    6 years ago
    We are in the middle of reno. Our cabinets and island are Oxford white. We are choosing CS Calacatta Nuvo for island (9 ft x 4 ft)...I would recommend this combo as a friend of mine has the same and it looks great. I don’t know what to put on the perimeter counters where main sink (8ft of counter not including sink area) and stove (8ft of counter) are. I’m debating between the same CS Calacatta Nuvo or CS Frosty Carrina. Could anyone help please?
  • sxp245
    6 years ago

I have the same question. Want to do FC for perimter and calacutta for island. Is the white in FC and Calacutta Nuvo similar? Can anyone pitch in?

• sxp245
    6 years ago

pls1968....oh no! :( hopefully they can figure out a solution for the smearing! Keep me posted. I am not hearing great things about their customer service here.

• Raymond Nasto
    4 years ago

Sharing my story to help others who may be facing similar decisions with Caesarstone. My wife and I spent a very long time agonizing over our quartz color decision for our kitchen renovation. Almost went with Cambria Torquay but fell in love with Caesarstone Calcatta Nuvo which looked like a perfect match to our dove white cabinets. Unfortunately, we were extremely disappointed when Calcatta Nuvo was installed about 2 weeks ago and the color was much, much whiter than the sample we had (which was creamy). Here are a couple of examples of the sample compared to our countertop. Caesarstone sent out a rep from their distributor to inspect the color issue, but they have yet to reach out to discuss. This has now delayed our project several weeks and added stress to the entire situation. Their customer service is very disappointing as I’ve called and sent emails without any response. At this point, there is no way I could recommend Caesarstone to a family member or friend.

• Kim Clancy
    3 years ago

I know this is old, but we are in the middle of choosing the calacatta nuvo and worried about the color of the cabinets. Leaning towards BM simply white or BM Oxford white. Any suggestions?

• marleegitlin
    3 years ago

Kim I’m
    Wondering the same!

• patty sonnenschein
    3 years ago

Calacatta gold is good with bright whites like oxford. Hear a lot about BM chantilly lace and Calacatta too

• pls1968
    3 years ago

Oxford white is perfect with the 5131 Calacatta Nuvo...our reno is a long story but we had this combination in our new kitchen, for a short period of time and I loved it. I first saw this combo in a friends home which was beautiful. Our kitchen was ruined before we were able to use it due to a flood. Our new kitchen after the flood is still Oxford white but the counters are now quartzite. I do like Simply white...have it in my bedroom but just preferred Oxford for my kitchen.

• BA Sail
    3 years ago

Raymond Nasto Our cabinets are SQ Pure White and our counter tops are Calcutta Nuvo. Nothing is installed yet. Any follow up here? I'm currently trying to find the perfect wall paint to compliment it all... to match the grey in the counter tops. Our company said that we can view and approve the slabs. Did yours allow this before they were installed? That is quite a color difference?

• Mary
    3 years ago

BA Sail this is the color combination we are thinking of also. Would love an answer to your question and to know what you’ve decided.

• BA Sail
    3 years ago

Mary, we're still deciding - leaning towards BM Classic Gray. I'm personally drawn to grays with purple/red undertones rather than green or blue.... what are you considering?

• Mary
    3 years ago

I haven 't made a final decision on wall color yet. I will stick with Pure White for cabinets and trim. This is for a little cottage in south texas so it gets a lot of light. My thought was that i wanted the walls to be somewhat sand-like in color. It amazes me how much lighting changes things. In our main home, all of my color choices take on a totally different look. So every time i think i have it figured out, i go down there and realize it won't work.

• BA Sail
    3 years ago

Mary. Agreed. in Pacific Northwest and the blue winter light is coming so also aiming for something with warmth. we get lots of light. i tried cloud white, glacier white, white dove and swiss coffee. - all look light to bright yellow -- trying to mute these so going toward a warm clay-gray... luckily PW has a drop of black to coordinate with grays. good luck and let me know what you decide.

• Renée Mitchell
    3 years ago

I'm looking for the right quartz to go with a warmer white, specifically Benjamin Moore Cloud White. Cloud White is a touch warmer than Simply White, and a touch whiter than White Dove. WouldCaesarstone Calacatta Nuvo work with Cloud White? Thanks!

• suedonim75
    3 years ago

Start your own thread instead of bumping up and old one.

• leelmalla
    2 years ago

Do you think that Calacutta nuvo will work nicely with chantilly lace cabinets?

• ohwhatabeautifulmorning
    last year

Did Caesarstone rectify the situation. I spoke with a rep today who insured me this does not happen with their brand. Apparently it does. Thanks

Sponsored
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.