debra_hobbs

Pavers stop short of the entry to home - what to do for the entry?

Debra Hobbs
6 years ago

Having a real hard time figuring out what would work best - appreciate any input!

My pavers stop about 6 feet short of the front of my home then there is a concrete slab. Im trying to dress up my entry way by eventually adding more contemporary glass garage doors & possibly changing the siding surrounding the garage doors and front door with either a metal material or smooth concret panels. What should I do to the concret pad in the front that abutts the pavers???

Im considering embracing the concret with a stain, light natural 18x 18 travertine or 18x18 concret looking tile..

PLEASE HELP : )

Thanks,

Debra

Comments (4)

• phuninthesun
    6 years ago

A stain would be the best idea. Choose a color from the pavers. I definitely would not tile it. Beautiful house!

Debra Hobbs thanked phuninthesun
  • PRO
    Revolutionary Gardens
    6 years ago

If you overlay the existing concrete slab, you're going to have a trip step going from the pavers to the garage apron. Your best options are a stain, or jackhammer out the concrete and then you can do whatever you want.

Debra Hobbs thanked Revolutionary Gardens
  • lazy_gardens
    6 years ago

Don't tile.It will leave you with a lip.

I would faux paint to match the pavers, using a good concrete paint or stain. They are easy to do well enough to break up the slab look. A grid of thin grey lines to make the joints and sponge on splotches to match the overall appearance of the pavers.

Debra Hobbs thanked lazy_gardens
  • PRO
    Go Pavers
    6 years ago

Well, you have to ask yourself, "How much do you love that concrete?"

As suggested, the low cost option would be to stain it.

A higher cost choice, but more "lovely" in the long run, would be to get rid of the concrete and extend your existing, or complimentary pavers.

A driveway just looks better when it extends all the way to a garage door.

Altadena Driveway & Walkway · More Info

Just sayin.'

Debra Hobbs thanked Go Pavers
Sponsored
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.