shaa_

porch enslosure

shaa_
6 years ago

deciding on a porch enclosure at the front of the house. description: concrete floor, 8' brick on 2 sides, 6' front entry on 3rd. very small roof overhang (approx. 2')

Question: best product? should I be considering aluminium or vinyl or wood?

TIA

Sheila

Comments (5)

• phuninthesun
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Could you please post a pic? Also, what area do you live in? Snow, sun exposure?

shaa_ thanked phuninthesun
  • shaa_
    Original Author
    6 years ago

• shaa_
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Live in Toronto, Ontario area. Sun & snow :)

• PRO
    MOSO Bamboo Products
    6 years ago

Bamboo X-treme: the new generation of sustainable deck, porch and siding.

Natural product, Co2 certified, patented and manufactured to perfectly resist in hot and cold climate.

Penthouse Briga Netanya · More Info

Cape Town Apartment · More Info

Riberach Hotel Belesta · More Info

• acm
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I'm not clear what you want to achieve -- you want a roof over the whole thing, darkening the space? Or you want a gate of some sort at the front? or to turn the whole thing into an interior space, like an enclosed porch?

This seems like a nice space. I'd use a longer runner-style mat and maybe add a bench or some wall art on one side, with planters either by the door or near the front of the entry. It looks like you have a protective overhang by the door already. Just confused.

Sponsored
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.