guerrerosoccer

Walk-thru closet options

A G
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi - Remodeling my house and have this area reserved for a walk-they closet (small walk-in is on the other wall). Floorplan attached also to give perspective.

I've looked at a few prefab closet options via Home Depot and ikea but nothing's really doing it for me. Does anybody have alt suggestions?

SPECS:

12' wide

24" inches deep

Comments (8)

• acm
    6 years ago

Try EasyClosets.com and play around with designs for a "reach-in closet," which is what you have there. You can customize the layout of shelves and rods and get something that fits your wardrobe and your pocketbook.

• suzyq53
    6 years ago

Do you have California Closets?

• er612
    6 years ago

Container store Elfa closet system: https://www.containerstore.com/elfa/index.htm

• PRO
    Innovative Closet Designs
    6 years ago

The possibilities are endless!

It depends on how you want to lay things out and what is important to you. I would suggest using the small walk in for your hanging storage with a combination of long hang and double hang and then use that nice runway side for adjustable shelving, drawers, and shoe shelves.

I'm not sure what those sliders go out to, but if you want to keep the area always looking clean/presentable, you could do like a large armoire style closet.

• PRO
    Gray & Walter, Ltd.
    6 years ago

As I don't know your budget it is hard to recommend a source. I would strongly recommend California Closets as they are good quality and reasonable. If you want true luxury consider Poliform. If you have a good GC they can build it all out with millwork and rods to your specifications. Good luck to you with your project!

• A G
    Original Author
    6 years ago

So, we decided to do a hybrid - Mixing the ELFA drawer system from Container Store with custom millwork and rods from our GC. Will post when finished!

• A G
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Wanted to follow up with a WIP photo of the closet, which is now a mix of elfa and millwork. I’m stoked!
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.