oleksandr_havrylyuk

The latest DCS 30" gas range owners. Please reply.

Alexander H
6 years ago

We are looking at getting DCS 30" RGV-2-304-N (4 burners) gas model ($1000 off right now). I have been searching for review here and on the web and people have been having issues with the cooling fan and broiler in the past. There are a few very bad reviews on Amazon. The brand has been purchased several times in the past. I wonder what is your experience if you have purchased this or similar model lately. Do you have any issues? How do you like it?

I was hopping to have a reliable range for many years, but if going into high end market doesn't make fault proof and getting parts is going to be an issues, wouldn't be better to get something from high end of consumer market, for example, Samsung Flex Duo NX58K9850SS model? The budget is ~$3000.

Thank you!

Comment (1)

• PRO
    Flamtech Appliances
    6 years ago

My customers haven't experienced parts being particularly difficult to get, but then again, we're based in NYC and generally have good service coverage. YMMV.

I would take the Amazon reviews in conjunction with other reviews, because in my experience, a lot of the Amazon reviews are reviewed on the wrong models, simply because they reviewer can't find the model that they actually have or can't be bothered to look it up. This is particularly true with appliances, since they very likely didn't buy it from Amazon. Certainly, there are no Amazon reviews of the current generation of DCS ranges.

Some info from houzz:
    https://www.houzz.com/discussions/how-is-the-dcs-gas-range-dsvw-vd~2273318?n=11

**Please note, the comments about the silvery maintop are no longer relevant as that has been changed to standard SS. Ironically, I have also seen reviews online at somepoint saying they felt that silvery surface was difficult to clean, though that thread is glowing about it. So, take everything with a grain of salt :)

I like DCS as a company, and my experience cooking with them during a training was quite positive, but I would recommend them more if you like cooking with large pans/pots most of the time.

Also, in reference to the brand being sold several times, I think I know the review you are talking about, and it is a bit misleading/hyperbolic. Fisher&Paykel bought DCS (from the guys who went on to make Capital), and Fisher&Paykel was bought by Haier. A brand being bought does not indicate it's going downhill - depends on what happens after that (look at when Sub Zero bought Wolf). As an appliance dealer, life goes on. The factories stay in the same place for the most part. Haier also bought GE last year, if that gives any perspective. Part of the general trend of consolidation of companies in the marketplace, where global corporations buy smaller companies.

Sponsored
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.