jacobaidenari

finishing carpet stair runner

D S
6 years ago
to surge or not to surge at the bottom and top of stairs for a more finished look?

Comments (5)

• simstress
    6 years ago
    What are the other options? Asking because I am considering a runner in the future.
  • PRO
    Koeber's Interiors: Flooring, Furniture, Windows
    6 years ago

We typically bring the runner all the way to the bottom of the stairs and tuck. It is more inviting. Serging the edge will be a nice look especially with the carpet you're looking at. Here's a few we've done recently.

Good luck on your project!

• acm
    6 years ago

Sorry that not all of us know all the lingo. I usually end under the top step, and whether under the bottom step or at the floor depends on the condition and treatment of the risers.

• D S
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Ok Thanks! I have seen a few installed with a frayed edge at bottom and definitely want to avoid that. Thanks again!
  • PRO
    The Persian Carpet
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Serge (looks much more tailored ) and do not do the bottom riser---tuck it under lip of first step

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.