surfiegal

Exterior Windows ?Shotty job

Katrina H
6 years ago

Hi. We recently got our old rotted wooden windows replaced by Aluminium ones. Attached are some photos or the corners. Is this the norm or is this a shotty job? Thanks!

Comments (7)

• annb1997
    6 years ago

Hmmm, is it flashing or a piece of rubber? Very hard to tell. I agree the timber plank just above window does appear to be damaged, or it is just where metal marred the timber when installation was done?

• annb1997
    6 years ago

Katrina, do all the window corners look like the one in photo, or just this one?

• annb1997
    6 years ago

Are those 3 different windows?

• Katrina H
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Photo 1 is bedroom window, photos 2&3 are living room (same window/image). The rest of the window corners are fine just not these two.

• annb1997
    6 years ago

I think I'd be concerned they might leak. Suggest you get installer back.

• PRO
    Debbie Daly -Sophistication in Design Ltd.
    6 years ago
    It looks like the area should have been prepared properly like the rot issue we can see unfortunately when you try and install new joinery on old existing openings you have to work around what is there.I would have them removed then get a builder to fix the opening so the windows can be re installed to s proper finish I think the installer should have advised you better than just hoping it will work,
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.