3017th

little cottage needs big patio!

3017th
10 years ago
I have a small midrange cottage in Delray beach fl and I really need more living space but the costs are too high to add on. I want to add living space out doors, and I would like to keep the costs to about 11 psf (hoping to create 700sf of space. any suggestions?

Comments (12)

• Judy M
    10 years ago
    I would get an estimate on stamped concrete.
  • 3017th
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank you, but water needs to still be able to seep into ground, I do not want anything solid
  • Judy M
    10 years ago
    Pavers?
  • 3017th
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    do you know psf costs?
  • 3017th
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    there are many great choices, I need to stick with a budget and create a nice space
  • Judy M
    10 years ago
    Estimates are generally free, but can vary by location.

Why not call a few contractors for estimate?
  • studio10001
    10 years ago
    Pavers combined with gravel and commercial grade landscape fabric seems your best solution, then. Get online to a big box store to do a local price breakdown. (Cheaper yet is a sand floor!)
  • PRO
    Graham Kimak Landscape Designs
    10 years ago
    Pavers do seem to be your best option. In most areas, $10 or 11 dollars per square foot will get you basic pavers. If you can find a contractor in your area that will do them, permeable pavers are about the same and will reduce water runoff. If you prefer the look of brick, or it works better with you home, you might be able to do a brick patio for about the same, though brick does sometimes run a bit more. Concrete is the cheapest option, and you could install drains or even slope the concrete to accommodate water issues.
  • 3017th
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    thanks but I really don't like anything about concrete. Wood was number one choice, but too costly for trek, so I am seeking ideas to incorporate multi coverings, moss is even an option to cut down on sf cost in sections.
  • PRO
    Budget My Build
    10 years ago
    You could probably find a website like mine http://budgetmybuild.co but in your area. The website is a contractor directory with online budget estimating software for Arizona. I'm sure there's got to be a similar set up in your state! Good luck and I hope you're able to get your add-on built.
  • 3017th
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Now THAT is helpful!! thanks
  • 3017th
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    however, I have no idea if there is one!
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.