hhannigan

I want to do similar with my kitchen,how do you fix the onix to island

Comments (2)

• PRO
    West London Kitchens
    6 years ago

This would be a question to ask the onix supplier. We have often designed worktop panels to be attached to islands and the worktop fabricators have never found this a problem. It should definitely be possible though. Best of luck with the project - it would look amazing.

• PRO
    Extreme Design
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Fixing onyx to an island in this way will create a beautiful feature and it's something we're very familiar with. The main considerations are around the back lighting. The stone must be attached in such a way so as not to create shadows and dark patches. Equally, the right lights and spacing must be used to create an even light throughout the panel. Another consideration is future access to the lights in case they need changing. If you'd like some technical advice on this for your project, you are welcome to contact our designers on 01344 898915 who would be happy to help you.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.