lfischer876

For that modern marble look: Neolith Estatuario, Dekton or...?

For our personal Montauk summer home we are considering particularly Neolith for kitchen countertops and back splash - absolutely love the lookI [House will be mostly white inside contrasted with some warm woods, and window frames will be black inside and out]. I have done research and have followed some of the earlier threads on this but since the technology seems to evolve, wanted to get any latest info or advice. I have heard of certain issues with cracking, re. which sinks to use [is undermount a problem], and re. the differences between the matte and polished versions. And how about the alternatives such as Dekton. THOUGHTS, ADVICE, EXPERIENCES APPRECIATED!

Comments (2)

• PRO
    Econ Granite
    6 years ago

Here is some more info on Neolith

https://econgranite.com/stone-weekly/what-is-neolith/

We are fabricators we use neolith regularly in projects and don't have issues with it. Neolith is a new surface, make sure your fabricator knows what he is doing, bad fabrication/installation can cause issues in the future for you.

Kontrast [Curated Danish Design] thanked Econ Granite
  • Poppy Potter
    6 years ago
    Please see post entitled "want to see pix of CRACKED NEOLITH?" before choosing your material. I wish I knew before what I know now. Good luck.
Sponsored
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.