alejandra_rocaguazzotti

Resurfacing the kitchen

Alejandra Roca
6 years ago
I’m planning on resurfacing my kitchen. I’m keeping all cabinets and drawers, the only thing that’s staying is the granite countertops. What color should I paint all the cabinets? Would white look better with my floors?
White
Off White
Mix of White and Brown
Mocha Brown

Comments (8)

• Carrie B
    6 years ago

I think your cabinets are beautiful. It would be a shame to paint them. If you want to brighten things up, I'd change your backsplash and add a small rug or two.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    6 years ago

To me the floors look different in each pic. The first thing I would do is get a counter depth fridge in stainless . Your stools look white and IMO do not work with the floors so maybe a warmer white but you will have to do some sample boards to decide since my monitor at least is not showing your floor and counter the same in each pic.

• User
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

There needs to be a NONE OF THE ABOVE option.

Save 20K. Don’t touch it. It’s great. Slapping paint on that would only ruin it and deplete your bank account.

• K Laurence
    6 years ago

None of the above.

• Alejandra Roca
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Hello everyone, the paint job has a lot of wear and tare. The kitchen has been used heavily. The edges of the cabinets are all missing paint. I also want to brighten it up.

• PRO
    Pound Ridge Painting Co.
    6 years ago

I would look into some gray/pewter tones.

• PRO
    DDS Design Services, LLC by Jeff Kida
    6 years ago

You can get a furniture refinisher to come in and clean / touch them up for far less than refacing or painting them would cost. Your money would be better spent updating the appliances, backsplash & lighting. I know that's not what you want to hear but it is my best advice.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.