lea_kendrick

Kitchen cupboard style with crittall doors

Lea Kendrick
6 years ago

Hi everyone. We are having a kitchen extension soon and are planning to have crittall style doors opening up onto the garden. We're trying to design our kitchen at the moment and can't decide whether to go for a more traditional look with a shaker style kitchen or go more modern/industrial looking. Does anyone with a kitchen with crittall doors have any advice for us? What style would work best? Many thanks

Comments (10)

• Jonathan
    6 years ago
    I say you choose the kitchen style you like but perhaps choose a colour palate to tie the kitchen in with the doors.
  • Carolina
    6 years ago

Both modern flat panel doors (modern) or Shaker style doors (more traditional) will work. Choose what you like and what goes with the rest of the interior of your home.

Okay, for some reason I can't paste a Houzz photo in my comment, but if you use the search box and go to kitchens, type crittal in the search box and you'll get examples of different style kitchens with Crittal style windows.

Good luck.

• Lea Kendrick
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thanks for your replies. My house is an Edwardian terrace, but most of the decor is mid-century modern so thinking the shaker style might work best. Unfortunately I have now fallen in love with the devol shaker kitchens.... but not their prices :(

• PRO
    Sheraton Interiors
    6 years ago
    Hi Lea!

We have a range of kitchens that are similar to the deVOL range but without the price tag :-)

Please have a look on our website or contact us on 08000776407 for a free brochure / design consultation!
  • minnie101
    6 years ago

I think you can get a deVOL style kitchen on a smaller budget. I think the key part is design which makes them stand out so personally would speak to Karen at OnePlan on this thread. Karen can design a kitchen for you and then you can shop around for the actual kitchen to suit the budget. Unfortunately I don't think deVOL sell their accessories unless you're buying a kitchen but flooring and tiles are available from their sister company on the link. Taps are made by Perrin and Rowe (unfortunately not the aged brass as designed exclusively for deVOL). Their paint palette is very limited but some of Little Greene and F&B look quite similar or take a photo and get it colour matched at Johnstones. Normally the way the kitchen is accessorised, using a few antiques etc, stands out to me as being deVOL so would post on here for help with accessories and handles as I'm sure people will be able to help you achieve the look you want. Not sure if that Is any help at all! Crittall style doors sound fab btw!

https://www.floorsofstone.com/our-tile-range/planks-parquet

• PRO
    OnePlan
    6 years ago
    Thanks for the mention Mini !
    Love that link to the parquet floors too !

To be directed to my pro page Lea - just click on my icon or name - there are some past projects and client reviews on there and a big ‘contact me’ button should you wish to !
  • PRO
    Sheraton Interiors
    6 years ago
    Just a quick note on comment from minnie101- the aged brass taps are not exclusive to deVOL as I have just had one ordered for a client of mine. If you do want a particular F & B colour we also do a bespoke range for which you can achieve in a whole range of F & B hand painted doors. Hope that helps!
  • minnie101
    6 years ago

Hi Sheraton. I thought P&R just did the gold version?! That's good to know!

• Lea Kendrick
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thanks everyone

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.