staceyonion

Master Bath and Bedroom Spruce Up!

Stacey Onion
6 years ago

I'd like to dress up my master bathroom and bedroom. I'm thinking of a deep navy paint on the vanity cabinets? I'd love some fine tuning advise. Décor for walls, vanity,etc... furniture placement?

Comments (200)

• Stacey Onion
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Ok. What kind of black accents?

• Stacey Onion
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Ok. The new bedroom rug is here! Now... any tips on the easiest way to get it under a king sized bed?!?!?
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    6 years ago

Oh so exciting! Sorry been out of town..just returned thus evening...you keep it rolled and lift one side of bed at a time than roll under bed than lift other side roll out rug on other side one you lower the legs.

• Stacey Onion
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Thanks. I'll post a pic when it's in. Hubby pulled a muscle so I'll have to borrow some muscle to lift that bed.
  • Stacey Onion
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    What am I looking for in a curtain for the shower? Soft grays? Blue?
  • Stacey Onion
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    And accents...some kind of black tray to hold my husbands stuff on the counter? Losing focus!!!!
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    6 years ago

Hey Staceyonion...no worries..You could do a white panel with black, blue or gray band on bottom or top...the pattern on the rug is enough in your space.

a black tray is a great idea...did you decide on the towels in the basket yet..I loved the black polka dot super cute maybe mixed with a couple blue ones...you can do a dark basket or a gray container for them.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    6 years ago

You can always spray paint the tray you already have.

• Stacey Onion
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Ok. Those towels were navy and white (also reversible) ok? Do you mean spray paint the basket with my hubbies stuff?

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    6 years ago

Yep spray paint with hubbies stuff if you can...

best if towels are black and white or medium blue and white to bring in the blue from bedroom.

• Stacey Onion
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Thoughts on the accessories please :) stool, basket, towels, tray
  • Stacey Onion
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Better lighting
  • Sheree Sesok
    6 years ago
    Love it!
    Stacey Onion thanked Sheree Sesok
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    6 years ago

Stacey it looks so fresh and beautiful..can you get the window in the image with the beautiful window shade...will you be getting the storage for over toilet?

• PRO
  • Stacey Onion
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Thank you! Here is one with the window and yes I’m working on that storage unit!
  • Kendrah
    6 years ago

What a pleasure to see your before and after pics. Smart choices you've made. Great example of how you don't need to rip out a bathroom and start a new when you can make great updates like these that don't cost a fortune.

Stacey Onion thanked Kendrah
  • katinparadise
    6 years ago

It looks wonderful. Congratulations!

• Stacey Onion
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    So...you're wondering how the yellow and black bathroom is coming? Here are some pictures of where I am now. I'm wondering is I should switch out the light fixture with the one I took out of the other bathroom. I'm also trying to figure out what to put on the walls.
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    6 years ago

I think the three light will be a good addition...2 smaller pieces of black framed art over the towel bar area would be good and than we can work on something to the left...maybe a hook for a hand towel...

Stacey Onion thanked Home Interiors with Ease
  • Laura Villar
    6 years ago

following

• Stacey Onion
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Rug is in...
  • Stacey Onion
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Rug
  • Stacey Onion
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    The two side-by-side didn't work. They were too big to be centered over the toilet. This is one I had before that I added a little yellow to the picture. I don't really like this either. Any suggestions?
  • Stacey Onion
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    How about the mirror turned this way and a picture on the wall to the left of the window? And the other light fixture?
  • everdebz
    6 years ago

Stacey, I'm just joking around, I am: but why didn't you say you'd be adding something quite different [with the interesting patterned brown rug].... I though maybe it would be a standard, decorated blue bedroom. Nice what you're doing....

Stacey Onion thanked everdebz
  • PRO
    Hillcrest Glass
    6 years ago

If you replace the shower glass with clear glass and don't hang a towel on it the bathroom will look much larger. Clear glass bounces off a lot of light.

Stacey Onion thanked Hillcrest Glass
  • Stacey Onion
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Everdebz the rug is actually black and gray :). The plan is to paint the bedroom gray too

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Hey Stacey....I love the rug and it looks great with the bed frame and touches of blue..really pretty with your wood floors....it works with the blue walls but wow it will be very nice with light gray and just your blue and white bedding....

ok yellow bathroom..I thought your daughter didn’t like mirror that way because she cant see all of her hair...just turn it so she has a full view...any other larger frame you have hanging around that you could do over the towel bar?

• Stacey Onion
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    I have this one. It's 26 x 29. Colors aren't right but here's a size for reference. By the way, my daughter thanks you.
  • Stacey Onion
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Here's another one 21x27
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    6 years ago

I think that is to big next to the mirror..darn:(

what is the size of the two black frames that are to big?

• Stacey Onion
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Cabinet came in for over the toilet. How high do I hang it?
  • Stacey Onion
    Original Author
    6 years ago

The two small we frames measure 17 1/2" square. The space between the edge of the counter and the wall measures 39 inches.

• Stacey Onion
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    I have this one, it's smaller.
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    6 years ago

That seems like a good size...I would use that size frame...

That towel bar over the toilet is making me crazy...what were they thinking when they installed that into the tile??.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    6 years ago

Oh boy for the cabinet height may have to eye that one....I would use some painters tape to lay it out on wall...

• Stacey Onion
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    I know that bar is crazy!! Ok will do on the tape. Did you see my other post about my guest room? Would love your opinion.
  • Stacey Onion
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Tape
  • Stacey Onion
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Tape
  • Stacey Onion
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Too small?
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    6 years ago

That looks really nice!!

looks like the cabinet could go just a bit lower..bottom of cabinet even with bottom of outlet.

• Stacey Onion
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Fixture up! Ok, where to next? I think we are just about there. That blank wall to the left of the mirror? Towel?
  • Stacey Onion
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Storage cabinet up!
  • Stacey Onion
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    I also have the space in the yellow and black bathroom.
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    6 years ago

Storage cabinet looks great!

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    6 years ago

I think in the yellow bathroom a black towel ring hung to the left of the mirror will work great...it can be a black hook or towel ring.....

wondering if a tin or basket could be hung on the towel bar to hold extra toilet paper? You are so handy I am sure you could figure something out...I will see what I can find....what is the length of that towel bar? And how much space between toilet tank and bar?

• Stacey Onion
    Original Author
    6 years ago

The towel bar is 26" long and 16" from the tank. A towel ring or hook seems a little funny in that space. I think a towel would hang over the tile and hit the "teenage" stuff on the counter.

• Stacey Onion
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Do you think a live fern would look good on top of the storage cabinet in the master bath? It feels a little low and void of color?

• aventu
    6 years ago
    Following...love the transformation!
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.