canadasarah

Fence color

Sally
6 years ago
What a dynamic outdoor space! Did the fence come in that color? If so, what is the material, color and source? Alternately, did you paint it? What is the color? Is this wood or vinyl? Many many thanks!
Harlem Duplex · More Info

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Emergent Form Architecture
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago
    • Hi. Thanks! Originally, we wanted to build a new wood fence, but due to budget constraints, we had to make do with the existing vinyl fence installed by the original builder. It used to be a bland, glossy beige... so we found a Sherwin Williams "vinyl safe" paint and had them mix it to match a dark Farrow & Ball color called “Railings”. It's more blue than black, and is a softer alternative to black which is particularly suited to the ironwork it takes its name from. It provides an ideal backdrop for the greenery and other yard details we expect to grow even wilder with time...
  • Sally
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Great - I was hoping that this was painted. We've inherited a vinyl fence that has to do for now, and I thought about painting it. I love love love this color you've chosen. Do you know how the paint is holding up? Vinyl is bad enough, but peeling vinyl....!

Many thanks for your response! I love the whole project!

• PRO
    Emergent Form Architecture
    6 years ago

Hi. I just checked in with the homeowner, and she says that the vinyl paint is good. No peeling. Best of luck with your fence face-lift, and thanks for the project love!

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.