megan_cruickshank60

painting bookshelves

I hate these bookshelves! They are a rough cedar maybe? Should I paint them a slate gray? The tv will be mounted over the fireplace.

Comments (6)

• Jean L
    6 years ago

I think you should paint them to match the fireplace.

• PRO
    Barnhart Gallery
    6 years ago

yes to painting them; they are fighting with your newer floor. Also poke around on houzz re mounting a tv over the fp.

• jck910
    6 years ago

I agree with white not slate gray and the TV will be top high over your high mantle

• PRO
    Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
    6 years ago

TV will be too high over fireplace. Paint the bookshelves white to match the fireplace, and do a fun color or wallpaper (can be removable) on the backs for a nice pop.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    6 years ago

T.V will be way too high there and as for the bookshelves do you have enough stuff that is worth displaying to have so many shelves . You need a really good primer to keep the pine from bleedinfg and the T.V should be on the wall to the left of the fireplace

Sponsored
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.