chancer221

Is this Absolute Black honed countertop color enhanced and/or sealed?

Dee
6 years ago
I've been told that honed in this color typically looks more grey and dull, but your picture doesn't look that way.
alternate view · More Info

Comments (2)

• PRO
    Artisan Kitchens Inc.
    6 years ago

Hi Dee,

This Absolute Black is definitely sealed - as it always should be, because otherwise it shows every mark and fingerprint. The act of sealing it automatically deepens the color a little bit - in person, this stone is a very dark charcoal gray/soft black.

Natural stones will always vary in shade; if you want something that will remain consistent, take a look at some of the quartz/engineered stone offerings that are out now that will give you that same look without any of the maintenance. Silestone 'Carbono' is just one that I can think of, and there are many others.

• Kristin Mette
    3 years ago

I have absolute black honed, and I’m trying to determine what type of an enhancer to put on to help me with the fingerprints. Do you know what type or brand of enhancer, or just a sealer, is on this one?

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.