stacydiscenza

Speakers and AV behind cabinets?

stacydiscenza
6 years ago
How do you place speakers behind cabinet doors without reducing sound quality? Also how do you deal with IR remotes when AV equipment is behind cabinets?
Dedicated Theatre with Beautiful Cabinetry · More Info

Comment (1)

• PRO
    Total Home Technologies
    6 years ago

Acoustically transparent fabric are installed on each cabinet door. The fabric consists of tiny holes that allow for sound to pass through without any decrease in quality. Very similar to the cloth found on a speaker grill.

The equipment is controlled via a universal remote control. The remote control communicates with a central processor located inside the equipment cabinet using wireless RF (radio frequency). All IR commands are relayed to the desired device based on activity selection (Watch TV, Apple TV, Bluray, etc.). The processor also has the ability to control other sub-systems such as lighting control and whole home music via the homes computer network.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.