aussieblond1

Grey kitchen cabinets and gold hardware

aussieblond1
5 years ago

We are planning our kitchen reno to be light grey cabinets with gold hardware and taps. Shiny or brushed?

Comments (5)

• User
    5 years ago

Shiny if you are going for the disco 1980's vibe. Brushed for this century.

aussieblond1 thanked User
  • PRO
    Anglophilia
    5 years ago

Oh please! Polished brass hardware is a classic and about as far from a 1980's disco as it's possible to be. Brushed brass? A passing fancy.

Polished brass pulls will warm up your gray cabinets. Do spend the money and buy solid brass ones - over time the lacquer will darken/wear but they can then be re-polished and re-lacqured and will last forever.

They are not easy to find, but I know that both Baldwin and LookInTheAttic carry them. The man at LookInTheAttic said they sell more polished brass than any other finish.

• aussieblond1
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks!!

• Boxerpal
    5 years ago

I love the look of gray and gold...

Acrylic and Brass at Island with Brass Legs · More Info

Bundy: Brentwood Modern Farmhouse · More Info

Kitchen · More Info

• PRO
    Century Hardware
    5 years ago

A Satin brass finish would look very sleek on grey cabinets i would check out Century Hardware's [Modern Geo[(https://www.houzz.com/products/modern-geo-solid-brass-t-bar-satin-brass-160mm-prvw-vr~110537121?lid=83652372) and Glamour collections!

Glamour · More Info

Modern Geo · More Info

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.