blueblin

Honed CaesarStone counter help

blueblin
5 years ago
For our counter in the kitchen and in bathroom we chose a honed CaesarStone counter - it is like concrete and it is not polished.
I’m now reading that because it isn’t polished it might need daily maintenance over time.
Can anyone tell me what kind of maintenance? And how does this counter look as it gets older?
This is our kitchen countertop:
http://newcolours2018.caesarstone.ca/#4601

Comments (12)

• blueblin
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Buller... ?
  • blueblin
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    This is true for any kind of unpolished CaesarStone, not just this specific one..
  • PRO
    BlackStone Kitchen & Bath
    5 years ago

I wouldn't worry too much about the color that you have selected. It will be apparent with darker color and it's more so of maintaining a clean surface and not seeing marks and scuff, water stains etc.. that are more apparent if it was a darker color.

• qam999
    5 years ago

Can you get a test piece and experiment on it yourself?

• User
    5 years ago

Honed Quartz of any color or any brand will have issues with the ability to keep it ran. It just grabs and holds on to dirt. It's not a good idea at all.

• judith sarazin
    2 years ago

I installed Ceasarstone Raw Concrete with a waterfall - similar to photo above. It DOES look like concrete so very industrial. It's not the best for any life living - sigh. I finally got a hint to use Mrs. Meyers Baking Soda Cleaner and the latter has been a lifesaver for all the water stains - I swear just water leaves a stain. When I used this particular cleaner (after 1 year of suffering through all these life living stains), the microfiber pad showed up a ton of dirt? Not sure but honestly, I would never pay for their product again - although I do LOVE the look.

• susanrhill34
    last year
    last modified: last year

(Any chance you can share some pix of your counters and the issues, if any remain?)

@judith sarazin just read your post about Mrs. Meyers Baking Soda Cleaner..you said it takes the water stains off, does it also take off any other food stains that you might have had? maybe wine, tomato, etc? I really love the look too and trying to decide if worth the extra effort to deal with it. thanks

• judith sarazin
    last year

Yes if cleana it alk !!! i love the clesmer smd gave lestmed to accept my i distrial look lol

• judith sarazin
    last year

@susanrhill34 - The Mrs Meyers cleaner is good. I love it and yes, it removes all stains. At one point, I tried the Mr. Clean Dry Eraser and it left a white cloudy stain on the counter. The Mrs. Meyers got rid of that issue. It's the only product that works for me - I have tried hot water, javex, Vim, Dry Eraser, Goo Gone - nothing else removes the water rings and stains BUT - you need

a) buy the exact product mentioned Mrs. Meyers Baking Soda Cleaner

b) dampen j-cloth or rag

c) pour cleanser on rag and then clean counter in up and down strokes - even weight

The look is great and it lasts about 2 days before water rings happen again but with new water glasses, etc.

I have learned to simply love my industrial counter and in 13 years or so, I will redo my kitchen.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.