janet_howard4589136

Hardwood timber vs composite decking

Janet Howard
5 years ago
I'm planning to install a deck. Which is better? Hardwood timber (e.g. Blackbutt, Merbau) or composite (e.g. Mod wood, New Techwood).

Comment (1)

• PRO
    Bayside Extensions
    5 years ago

It depends on what look and feel you are going for and also if you feel like it's important to you that the deck material is environmentally friendly. What style do you have throughout the rest of your home?

Both hardwood timber and composite are very durable, however, you may need to maintain the timber more than the composite (Blackbutt timber may crack on the surface if not maintained properly). Timber is aesthetically pleasing and looks very natural and the composite has a more modern and stylish look and feel (new techwood is the eco-friendly alternative to natural wood).

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.