blizman

Exterior reboot

blizman
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi everyone. We’re looking to paint the exterior of our house in OBX. We originally wanted BM Old Navy for the body of the house, BM White for all trim, valspar Dip in the Pool for the front door and SW Swimming for the porch ceiling. Sadly, the HOA rejected the Old Navy, saying it was too dark

Now I’m thinking of leaving the body light, like it is currently, just freshening it up a bit. The current trim appears to be a true white and the body a slightly creamier white. I’d love to hear your suggestions for other combinations or suggestions on a good creamy but not yellow color for the body

Comment (1)

• PRO
    Legacy Pre-Finishing, Inc.
    5 years ago

A really good tool to use for checking colors especially contrasting color is the Sherwin Williams Color Snap visualizer from their website but depending on your computer monitor the colors will not be 100% accurate. The best thing to do is make a story board with some pieces of siding and a piece of trim and paint those first. This will give you a good idea of what the house will look like. Siding and trim should have a contrasting color or it can look bland. Darker colors make a house look small and lighter colors make it look big. Hope this helps!

Sponsored
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.