beckyboo2909

Help! Solid wood flooring search with minimal bevels!

Becky
5 years ago

Hello fellow Houzz people, I need your help!

I am in the process of planning my house renovation with building work starting February 2019. The house is a semi-detached early 1900's house and I really want to lay solid wood flooring. However, my research has taught me that most wood flooring is bevelled on all sides which creates lovely shadows but also traps alot of dirt! I really don't want these gaps and would prefer normal planks! So, if anyone has any ideas on suppliers/websites/manufacturers I would be most grateful!

Comments (2)

• PRO
    Art of Flooring
    5 years ago

Hi Becky

Do you know the reason for the Bevels? Bevels are used for pre-finished (factory finished) floors to hide overwood or lippage. Therefor it is unlikely you will find a pre-finished flooring without the bevels.

What type of wood flooring pattern are you looking to create?

We can help you source square edge flooring in both herringbone and plank style Engineered Wood Flooring. It will be unfinished and require sanding and finishing once installed.

We hope this information helps you. Please feel free to ask us any other questions you may have.

Becky thanked Art of Flooring
  • PRO
    Italian Design Ltd
    5 years ago

Hi Becky,

I can assure you that dirt trapped in bevels is minimal if any. Of course there are different type of bevels. Rustic floors tend to have deeper bevel, but modern looking floors have micro bevels up to 1mm deep that won't trap dirt in any reasonably maintained floor.

However, we do have also any type of floor, pre finished without bevel.

You may need to see a few option and see if they are suitable for you.

Feel free to get in touch.

all the best.

andrea

Becky thanked Italian Design Ltd
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.