cmhussey37

luxurious but cold grey and white marble bathroom and floor

Catherine Hussey
5 years ago

We have recently purchased a property with a grey and white marble bathroom.The room also has a freezing cold marble floor. Taps and shower are chrome. Painted walls are currently white. There is a large sash window and the room is small. How do I warm this room up on a fairly limited budget? Thank you

Comments (10)

• T Gray
    5 years ago

Wow, that's a heck of a lot of marble! Hope the joists are up to it! I second Sharon's ideas on plants, cork mats and bright colours. Think tropical for the walls too, perhaps go crazy with a rich green or turquoise to get a boutique bathroom look. With the bright towels and a load of leafy palms and brass or gold ornaments it would certainly be warmer.

Pics of the finished room would be great. :)

Catherine Hussey thanked T Gray
  • C C
    5 years ago
    Might sound mad but paint the ceiling a dark blue black colour, bring in textured towels maybe orange colours, gold of brass accents and lots of green leafy flowers.. There's some great photos/ideas on Instagram.
    Catherine Hussey thanked C C
  • PRO
    User
    5 years ago
    The feature marble wall looks great! We would create a cozier look by adding a wood effect vanity unit, some brushed brass accessories and paint the wall in cream colours to make the space a bit warmer. Also cream plain towels and a fluffy bath mat would do. It’s more about the textures and subtle warm colours here. Because the marble is standing out more than enough-now you should just complement it and the bathroom will look stunning! Good luck!
    Catherine Hussey thanked User
  • Patrina
    5 years ago

Lots of good ideas on here just adding a few more. Adding some green foilage, changing the taps from chrome to copper, painting the white walls a dark colour and adding some colourful accessories will really warm things up.

Catherine Hussey thanked Patrina
  • Juliet Docherty
    5 years ago

As much wood, wicker and natural materials as possible is probably the best way to warm it up. Grey and white are cold, as is turquoise, so painting options are tricky. A wooden vanity unit would be great.

Catherine Hussey thanked Juliet Docherty
  • Sonia
    5 years ago

I had saved this pic on Houzz ages ago and I think some dark grey, pink towels and accessories and plants would look good. I love marble but this is overload! I agree with colourhappy too that wood would also help, maybe some shelving, wicker baskets and plants.

Chelsea Town House · More Info

Catherine Hussey thanked Sonia
  • Catherine Hussey
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thank you so much for all the suggestions and photographs. So helpful!

• PRO
    Painthouse
    5 years ago

Have you thought about a warm coral pink or peach? That would look amazing with the black/white/grey of the marble - really chic. We offer a PEEL & STICK COLOUR BOOK (with peelable, stickable, reusable colour swatches) so you could try out a few different colours on your walls to see if they work. Let us know if you'd like us to send you one.

• PRO
    User
    5 years ago

Hi Catherine we would love to supply you with any textile items you need for the bath room :) there is 10% off until Friday, You can get me on info@ideas4lighting.com and request for Tony :)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.