row_014

Double entry bathroom dilemma!

row_014
5 years ago
Hello! We have water damage in the shower wall and have to redo our bathroom. We are wanting to move in 12 months so want to redo relatively cheaply & for best resale. We are struggling to decide on the layout. Our dilemma
-we can't replace like for like (water on the windowsill from the shower caused the damage)
-the bathroom has 2 entries (from main bedroom and from hall - there is a sliding door where the photo is taken from)
-was thinking of swapping vanity & bath placement but replacing with a screened corner shower but now wondering whether we should include a bath for resale?
-we could remove window & replace with a smaller window to the left and keep layout the same (shower over bath) with taps changed to window end - starting to get more expensive with window replacement and water pipes moved
-we could block in the door to the main bedroom...
We need some ideas!
Next will be what tile styles, vanity styles etc, but first we need the layout sorted! Thanks :)

Notes
House is block with concrete under floor, 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 toilet (separate room)
Bathroom is 2.5x2.2m (window side 2.2)
Photo is from realestate listing when we bought
There is currently a screen on the outside of the window so you can see out but not in

Comments (8)

• KK1000
    5 years ago
    If the brown door is on the bedroom I would close it since this is you main bathroom . Replace window with one that is same width but shorter so that you can put bath underneath. Move vanity to opposite wall and have a shower cubicle in the corner where vanity is now. I think you said that toilet is in a separate room. There should not be to much new plumbing this way.
  • PRO
    Cathi Colla Architects
    5 years ago

Deleting the door to the bedroom would liberate space (and circulation) from the bathroom and the bedroom!

You could then consider relocating bath (potentially to beneath window), install as separate shower, and updating vanity and toilet.

• me me
    5 years ago
    I agree with removing door to the bedroom
  • row_014
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thanks! Sounds like removing the bedroom door is the way to go! We have quite liked the easy entrance to the bathroom but I guess a buyer isn't going to miss what isn't there.
  • row_014
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Is there any rule of thumb about how high above a bath a window should be? Would really like to get away with leaving the window and covering with shutters/blind if we can.
  • PRO
    Cathi Colla Architects
    5 years ago

I recommend you check with your local certifier.

I agree - leaving the window as is (size) would be ideal. Best to check though.

• row_014
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thanks for your comment oklouise!
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.