dghb

cast iron vs acrylic

dghb
10 years ago
I would like a decent sized cast iron tub, not necessarily drop in. I have been considering the Kohler Memoirs for a complete restoration of a 11 1/2 x 12 1/2 master bath. I prefer cast iron to acrylic and I do use the bath. It is not just for show. I am in my late 50's and want something that I can get in and out of easily. Opinions for aesthetics and resale would be appreciated.
Lot 14 King Salmon Court · More Info

Comments (2)

• PRO
    Sienna Building Company
    10 years ago
    We do not see any benefit to using cast iron. All of Kohlers products are very nice but on tubs we prefer whirlpool baths, Jacuzzi brand specifically because of quality and resale. In regards to ease of use of getting in and out of the bath, put the tub on a raised deck at a height that is easy for you to sit on and you will be good.
    dghb thanked Sienna Building Company
  • denaeng
    8 years ago

What is the brand and model of this tub? Does it have air jets? I love the curved design and am getting ready for a bath remodel.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.