mike_corp

Please help me with Victorian 2nd reception room

mike_corp
5 years ago

We are renovating a typical house build 1890's in The Netherlands. We are trying to figure out what to do with the original reception rooms.

I wonder where would you place furniture?

2nd reception feels like walk through and we would like to brake it out. Rooms are not divided.

Please have a look at the plan.

1st reception is 4m13cm wide, 4.64 long it has working fireplace.

2nd reception is 3m86cm wide, 5m5cm long fireplace is not functional.

Comments (21)

• Carolina
    5 years ago

Would it be an idea to put your dining table in the second reception room? Or is there enough space in the kitchen? Looks like it's a gorgeous house with lots of potential.

Interesting colour choice for the ceiling.

• mike_corp
    Original Author
    5 years ago

We have enough space for dining table in kitchen area. I'm thinking to use both "rooms" as one and yet somehow divided into parts. Sofas, Armchairs, chairs, tables, commodes ......etc Blue ceiling was previous owners choice.

• Carolina
    5 years ago

Here's an idea:

• Carolina
    5 years ago

Click on the pics to enlarge:

• Carolina
    5 years ago

And another view

• mike_corp
    Original Author
    5 years ago

thank you very much Carolina for your input. Looks awesome. I will try to figure out how people use old chimney and tv together. Could I ask question. How would you change furniture if I would remove the tv with the table and added a wardrobe. (1.90mW x 1.70H x 55D)

• Carolina
    5 years ago

So you don't want a TV in there? Or you want a TV in the cabinet/wardrobe? Do you speak Dutch? I do :-) Maybe you could explain in Dutch what your ideas are or what your vision is for these rooms?

• Carolina
    5 years ago

Here's with a cabinet of the size you've mentioned:

• mike_corp
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Yes we do not want tv in our living room area. I would like to send you some renders if you are interested, have you got a website or email I could send it to? Wij zijn van Maastricht. ;)

• Carolina
    5 years ago

Ah, ik woon aan de andere kant van het land, Groningen :-) I'm not a pro, so I can't really help you more. Just giving you some ideas here. Sorry.

• Carolina
    5 years ago

You could turn the back room into a library? With a couple of comfy chairs.

• Carolina
    5 years ago

Something like this:

• mike_corp
    Original Author
    5 years ago

thank you for the info. It is good to bounce ideas. It helped me a lot. :) Couple weeks ago new floors were made.

• Carolina
    5 years ago

It's a big project! Check out Resh's renovation project, here on Houzz. I'll see if I can find it for you, hold on....

Here it is, I think there are three parts. You might get some inspiration from it :-) https://www.houzz.co.uk/discussions/victorian-renovation-in-london-part-2-dsvw-vd~4911251

• PRO
    Priors Period Ironmongery
    5 years ago

Good luck. I'm not able to help with the layout, but I can see you have some doors which are in need of door knobs. We have a selection of traditional and best quality ones. Click here to view. Door Knobs Traditional If you need any advice please contact us.

• rinked
    5 years ago

Volg :)

• rinked
    5 years ago

What did you mean with "brake out"?

So you want one seating area with fireplace and the other with a tv?

• mike_corp
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I meant to divide the room in a way to create multiple section inside a long livingroom. I'm not fond of a TV, but I guess we install one. (maybe samsung frame) that could be pivoted.

• rinked
    5 years ago

Had to look up Samsung Frame, nice one!!

Photo Wall - Samsung Frame TV · More Info

• mike_corp
    Original Author
    5 years ago

it is not the best tv but it has a frame around it. I also like panasonic 2019 versions and with combination with https://www.vogels.com/en-au/c/ it could work well.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.